Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beautiful Weekend

What a great weekend. We had amazing weather with high's of 18 and 25 degrees for mid October! Couldn't ask for anything more...well maybe less wind, right Hilena? lol
Hilena is another rider on the Sea to Sea. We connected about a month ago and have made it out for 2 rides so far. It's been so great having someone to ride with, especially since we click so well. Quite amazed actually that I found someone who talks more than I do! lol.
So we planned for an afternoon ride and originally I was going to just do my "usual" route that I had taken her out on the week previous but due to winds coming from the west at 35-40km/hour I thought it best that I change it up and do more of a south/north route. So we rode off to Paris. The winds were a bit strong on our way out but not too horrible. The colours on the trees are finally becoming more brilliant which made for a touch of heaven feeling. Especially when we turned down this one road with the winds at our back, the colours were just amazing and we were just flying along with absolutely no effort. I looked down to notice we were going between 35-40km/hour.
But of course the very last part of our ride was back into those winds and we had 2 hills to go and I swear that wind picked up to over 40km/hr, I don't know but man was it tough, then we were only doing like 18km/hr. Hilena and I kept taking turns leading so the other could have a break for a moment while drafting.
In total we did about 42km in just under 2 hours. Not the fastest but a very enjoyable ride to say the least, with excellent company.
Saturday night was another evening spent in the presence of God. Brian Doerksen was playing here in Cambridge at Forward Baptist Church. My best friend Julia gave me my first CD of him a number of years ago for my birthday. I now have all 3. He is so talented when it comes to music, and the lyrics really speak to the heart and worship of God. The place was packed with people. I went with my wonderful Aunt Yolanda and Uncle Donnie. (Also great company.) I want to write so much more here but sometimes I find it hard to really put into words how I feel. It just simply was an amazing evening of worship.
Sunday was another great day, went for a rollerblade down at Pier 4 in Hamilton and then spent the afternoon with my parents.
I truly felt blessed this weekend.

No comments: