Friday, November 14, 2008

Starting Over

So after 2 months of just plain, boring rest, I began Physio this week for my knee(s). I went to see the same Doctor as Art Smit a couple of weeks previous who gave me a prescription for several sessions.

On the whole it seems a lot of what was agitated in my right knee has healed but there are still a few areas and muscles that are still tight causing mild discomfort. There is still very minor swelling (I didn’t even notice :P).

My physiotherapist started me up on a few exercises to strengthen my hip flexor and rotators and the glutes, plus another muscle that I cannot remember the name of.

Well, let me say it’s official. I have lost every bit of strength in my leg muscles from this summer. I cannot believe how tired (and sore) I am getting from these simple exercises. It’s so sad, lol. But I know it’s the beginning to preparing my body for next years season and well to just be able to bike in general.

It’s been extremely hard to put aside my athletic activities while I let my body rest and heal over the last couple of months so even though I know how tough it is going to be to get back into working out I’m also extremely excited for it.

But I’ll admit it’s no wonder why so many people give up all the time. It’s amazing how quickly your body loses shape once you stop (only 2 weeks!!). It seems like you are always starting over.

No comments: