Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monday Night Road Ride

Well, only just my second time out on Monday's ride and already I could definantly tell that I had improved in the 2 weeks since the last group ride. Phewww! Though I'll admit that long ride up Valley Road though I was a good 5 km faster than previous, I was still going a measly 11-12km/hour up it :P But with practice it will come. I was not near as far behind the pack this time and they barely had to wait for me at the top.


I had been working on keeping my cadence higher as well, trying to spin faster rather than mashing all the time and wow did my legs ever thank me. I was able to handle most of the ride this time and had only one fall back which I later recovered from and all of a sudden found this burst of energy! It was awesome! The winds were really strong on this ride too but thankfully it was "sort of" at our backs on our way back home. In total we went for a 62km ride in about 2 hrs 15 min.

Also made it for the Wescam Mountain Bike Ride the next night. Just a few of us but it was great getting out on my mtn bike again. It had been awhile as it alwasy seems to be crappy weather on those nights.

My mom was over tonight and we took a couple of pics of me and my be-u-ti-ful bike as I didn't have any yet (shame on me I know). Almost ready to send all my papers and stuff in to officially register for the Sea to Sea and get my name up on their website :)

No comments: