Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Sweet FREEZING COLD Home :)

Well I officially have been home pretty much a week. Its hard to believe. Its hard to believe that 5 months have already come and past and now I have been home for a whole week.

I had to laugh that the week I chose to came home, happened to also be the only week of snow storms for Hamilton. I had heard there had been no snow and there was all this snow on the ground and it was soooo cold. When we came out of the airport I was wrapped up as much as I could be and the drive home found me wearing two sweaters, my winter coat, a wonderful scarf, my new Olympic mitts and a fleece blanket...and I was STILL cold!

On Thursday my first day back I had 3 teas and 2 hot chocolates! Now I know how some people feel when they arrive in Canada mid-winter after living in hot countries.
On the whole though, the transition went well, seeing some family and friends, attending my home church and receiving a warm welcome by many, diving into my photos to put together a small slide show (not all 8000 pictures so don't worry :) ) to be able to show at times (almost there), and already making connections with contacts I made a long the way to see what God has planned next for me.

One of the harder things the first couple of days was being cooped up inside. After having spent so long in the open out doors and even inside feeling like outside as none of the windows have screens on them, blue sky and sun every day it was hard to just see this white sky and hide out in a cold basement. I was so thankful to see the beautiful sun arrive back early this week, what a treat!!

Already I have heard the question of what's next on my plate and I had my prepared answer to give of ideas and thoughts...but already on Monday I discovered that things could change :) You just never know what God has planned up his sleeve for you as long as you wait on him to hear his voice and follow. [That's all I will share for now about that though, till I have more figured out and have felt that I am following Gods ways and not my own but I'll keep you posted as soon as I know.]

The other question I have had was how was my transitioning going, being away from all the people, seeing all the things I have seen, etc. Amazingly though I am excited to be home. After Sea to Sea last year, I had such a hard time. I never imagined how long it would take me to feel normal again...but God was also doing a huge U-turn on my life and I was making big career and life changes/choices. After my time with YWAM, I feel like God has been giving more direction of which way this new road is going and I was very excited to come home and to get started. I loved learning and meeting the many people in South America and it was definitely hard to say bye at times, but with saying bye it allows you also to come back [one day perhaps] and help in new, stronger ways.

So anyhow that's it for right now. I plan to go through my many notes and journals to tell you a little bit about each place and what I learned in those places, over the next weeks. So stay tuned :)

Oh I also do want to note as I am back home now a big THANK YOU!! to all you supporters. Thank you for your prayers and cards (though sadly many I didn't receive due to the mail system not being at its best) and for your interest and support over all. Your prayers helped me to regain health and get through the hard times and to value all the good times and to be open to seeing all the many miracles and gifts God gave to me and my team.

THANK YOU!!

No comments: