Friday, March 19, 2010

In Gods Time

So I am moving to Port Credit today. Where is that you say? It's a small town inside of the Mississauga area, right on Lake Ontario. It's cute, it's quaint and it is going to be home for the next few months.

Through a number of stories and events (feel free to ask me some time) God showed me that sometimes things don't happen the way I hope them too or in the time I hope them too. Sometimes we understand and sometimes we don't. I had a missed opportunity (due to being sick) on the outreach that was devastating for me but at the same time I was incredibly thankful my team had the chance to have the experience as apparently it was a pivotal moment on outreach. They had the opportunity to go to a brothel and to witness God's love and to witness a women giving her life over to God there. How wonderful!

Some of my fellow peers, knowing my hearts desire, shared words of encouragement that they knew God would use me still . . . Not in my time, but in his time.

Well, I never imagined that time would come so quickly but God is all powerful and all mighty and he loves us and knows our hearts desires.

While in Barbados I made connections with two people - Anderson, the director of the YWAM in Toronto and Sue, one of the staff there - who also has a heart for those trapped in Human Trafficking.

Once I was back home, I reconnected with them - first finding out about an organization that is in its grass roots to connect Ontario organizations against Human Trafficking, which I later attended a meeting and new this was something I was meant to be a part of. Secondly, I found out that they were still in need of another staff as they were about to begin another DTS school.

And that's how I am ending up in Port Credit! I will be joining their JAMM (Justice, Arts, Music, and Media) DTS as staff, alongside a great team! I'm so excited for this next step that God has put in place for me. I'm excited to be challenged (yes actually I am) in this new way, to step into a discipling leadership role and to be a part of these next students lives (all 15 of them, funny that's the same number as my DTS :) ). We are a staff of 8 and 3 of us, including myself, will be leading this group on their outreach to the Ukraine and Albania for 8 weeks come June. Of course, even more so, I am excited to once again answer Gods call on my life and to walk in footsteps of servanthood.

So that's a little update of what God is doing in my life! God is soo good.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers as well as my team and these next set of students.
Thanks for your continued support!

No comments: