Monday, June 2, 2008

Friends vs. IPods

So Hilena and I got to go riding Sunday afternoon and it was sooo great!
We rode 32 km in an hour and 20 min (with about 15 minutes of stretching throughout for me, though the one time was way longer because we got to gabbing :) ).

And that's where the title comes in. You may have noticed in the picture of me in the previous blog that I have headphones on (don't worry I keep my music soft enough that I can hear a beat but also hear the sounds around me). I didn't get the IPod till last September and I do have to admit it really does make a lonely ride much more enjoyable and gives me more power in my ride.

BUT I will still take riding with people over my IPod any day. Hilena and I had so much fun and she was so considerate of my need to stop for stretching. I look forward to getting to ride more together during this summer...we realized we only have one more weekend before she leaves for Vancouver and then I leave the following week for Vancouver first too.

She was telling me how she was sitting in church yesterday morning and all of a sudden it hit her that in 2 weeks at that time she would be sitting on a plan and then I realized that I'd be gone in 23 more days as well!! It is just coming sooo fast now. I can't begin to describe how exciting I am starting to get...but I still feel I have a few things to take care of before I am ready...including moving back home! Thank goodness for a great mom who spent the day in my house packing for me :) I'm so spoiled :)
Got out for another quick ride today as well. I increased my km amount just a bit and did 22km today in an hour. Just another nice leisurely ride. I realized I had accidently forgotten my inserts for my shoes but it was okay. Perfect weather out. Sunny warm 23 degrees :) Love it! Hoping to get out everday but thursday this week so hopefully the weather cooperates. We had some amazing lightening (and thunder) storms this past weekend. Drove home through one. Had to remind myself to keep an eye on the road instead of the sky :P God sure knows how to do fireworks right!

No comments: